I’m essentially a newbie to this whole WordPress blogging rigmarole, and I figured this would be a good way to branch out of my little corner of the Internet. Like a foal toddling on its legs and learning how to walk, I stumbled upon Gurezu‘s International Blogger Friends Directory and thought… why the hell not!
The International Blogger Friends Directory works like this: you aim to have (at least) one blogger friend from each country around the world, and the purpose is to do blog collaborations and even postcard exchanges if possible.
It’s a mighty challenge in and of itself, to be sure, given how there’s over a hundred countries in the world at least – I’m not doing a Google search to check! Also, as I’m blogging from China, my understanding of its postal system is theoretical at best… the likelihood of me wandering into a post office with my limited Chinese (你好 and 谢谢, if anyone is wondering), is on the low side of probability.
Nevertheless, I would love to curate an International Blogger Friends Directory and so… here I am! I invite you, my dear readers, to join me in this incredible quest.
LiberaTarts: International Blogger Friends Directory (IBFD)
I’ll add more rows as people decide to join, otherwise here is my directory so far:
|#||Country||Friend’s Name||Blog Link||Social Media|
|1||Philippines||Mary Grace||gurezu||IG: @gurezu|
|2||Philippines||Precious Jasmin||jasminprecious||IG: @preciousxxwalker|
Here are some ideas to help demonstrate what the IBFD entails:
- follow each other’s blogs
- follow each other’s social media
- blog collaborations
- book / tv show / movie reviews → recommend something to me and I’ll recommend something back, and we’ll both type up a review post about That Thing
- be a guest blogger for any chosen topic → guest blogging is a fun way to advertise your blog on a different platform, and it also sounds fun!
- be penpals
- send each other postcards or letters, depending on what you’re comfortable with